I saw where Ashley at Dancing with Ashley always posts her favorite things from the month. I think this is a great idea. Then, I saw where she is thinking about making it a monthly link-up. I also think that's a great idea. So, I'm going to get a jump start and tell you about my favorite things from the month of May.
I can't believe May is over. It seems like just yesterday I was posting this picture on Facebook for the start of May.
1. It's my last month of this school year!!!! For the second year in a row, I have been at a new school and in a new grade. Last year was my first year teaching so of course it was new. Then, this year I had to find a new job and start all over again at a new school plus I moved from 2nd grade to 4th grade. I have really liked the school and I love the year round schedule. However, it's getting that time where I'm ready for these students to move on and new ones to come in. I'm very excited about being somewhere 2 years in a row and knowing what to expect and being able to prepare.
|That is kind of how I'm feeling right now. Tomorrow is my last day!|
2. Getting mail! With so many graduations and weddings coming up, we have been getting a lot of mail that has not been bills or junk. I know I've said it before, but that's always exciting.
3. Ashley's wedding! Wedding's are so much fun. Especially when they're for one of your best friends. It was a beautiful wedding. I wish I had more pictures to show you how beautiful.
4. Getting a blog button! I'm trying to navigate my way around this blog world and trying to figure it all out. I knew that I needed a button but had no idea how to do it. Sue at As it Seems (formally Hello, Also I Love You) was kind enough to make one for me. Now, I just need some wonderful bloggers to swap with!
5. My Doppleganger blog! This was a completely random blog, but it is probably my favorite of the month. I laughed so hard when I was writing it. I haven't laughed that hard in a while. If you didn't read it, you should check it out.
6. Crafting! I love to craft. Unfortunately, it can be an expensive hobby. Luckily, this month I had some good excuses to do it. I made invitation ornaments for my friend's wedding and my cousin's graduation. I also made a new summer wreath for our door.
|Ornament made from my friend Ashley's wedding invitation.|
|Ornament made from my cousin's graduation invitation.|
|Our summer wreath|
I am looking forward to seeing what June has in store for us!